Tuesday 2 July 2013

Bloggers reccommendations

So after so many beauty blogs my wishlist was starting to grow and grow. Unfortunately quite a few of the products were high end or possibly more expensive than my student budget wanted me to spend. But of course I had to just buy a couple of things! So here is a couple of my budget picks.

Firstly I bought the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in shade 51 - Light Vanilla.
Bourjois claim: "16 hour radiance booster & instant anti-fatigue result! Give your skin a radiance boost and leave it looking flawless for up to 16 hours! Enriched with a fruit therapy formula; Apricot for radiance, Melon for hydration and Apple to protect your youth. It also contains crystalline pigments for an even complexion and healthy glow. "



I had seen so many bloggers trying and recommending this that I just had to try it. Especially as at £9.99 it's a fair bit cheaper than my current go-to foundation (Lancome Teint Miracle foundation £27.50).
I quite liked this foundation, it felt fairly thick and perhaps slightly darker than my natural skin tone but not dark enough to make me look orange. Once applied it gives a pretty good coverage and leaves you with a rather dewy looking complexion. Despite the colour not being perfect I still think it works for me and I do quite like it, but it doesn't beat my Lancome one. I would say they could do with a few more shades in order to work for more people because their range is fairly limited.
I think i'm still looking for my holy-grail foundation so if you have any recommendations please let me know!

Next up was another Bourjois product. This time their Magic Nail Polish Remover costing £4.99.


This claims to remove nail polish in just 1 second per nail. Of course I didn't think it was going to be as quick as that but I had hoped it would speed up the often laborious process of removing nail varnish. The pot has a  sponge type material at the opening that you simply put your finger into and twist your finger around. I'd say you need to twist a couple of times to fully remove all of the nail varnish but it's still a lot quicker than the usual process and no need for cotton wool! I really like this product and am going to be using it a lot!

A third product I ended up buying was Lush's Lip Scrub in Bubblegum. It also comes in Popcorn and Mint Julips but after going and trying (i.e. tasting) them all I knew I wanted Bubblegum.
This lip scrub is essentially flavoured, coloured sugar that you rub onto your lips and then lick off. I love this concept! It smells really nice and tastes good too! I find it works pretty well at smoothing out my lips and removing dead/dry skin but you then need to add a balm after wards really I think and the effect doesn't last for a hugely long time. But seeing as it's so nice/tastey to use I don't mind having to use it a lot! At £5.25 its possibly not the cheapest product but I think it'll last a long time and is lovely to use so I don't really mind.

Finally, I caved in and bought the Real Techniques Core Collection Kit after I found them being sold for just £8.99 on Amazon! Although it appears they've now changed the price to £17.85, which is still a slight discount.
This collection consists of a contour brush, pointed foundation brush, detailer brush and buffing brush and comes in a little carry case. I bought these after everyone seemed to be raving about them, particularly the buffing brush. So far i've only actually used the buffing brush and pointed foundation brush but have very much liked using them! The first couple of times using the buffing brush for applying my foundation I must admit I wasn't a massive fan and couldn't see what everyone was raving about but on the third try I tried to be a bit gentler and found this a much better finish. It gave me good coverage with less product and still left a fairly dewy complexion. It perhaps takes slightly longer to fully buff it all in than using fingers but I think its worth it! I've also been using the foundation brush to apply concealer under my eyes and think it works pretty well to give good coverage and blend well.

So these are my purchases i've bought and reading lots of bloggers reviews of them. Are there any products you're craving after reading beauty blogs?


2 comments:

  1. I've yet to try this new version of the Healthy Mix, I really like the serum version however so I think I will probably pick this up to try next :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go - I really like it! It lasts really well =). I'm the opposite in that I haven't tried the serum version but after liking this version I may have to give it a go x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you enjoy it =)