Monday 29 July 2013

Review: Balance Me pure skin face wash


I'm currently in the process of trying to update my skincare routine as previously it pretty much consisted of a face wipe (bad I know!) and moisturiser... After reading Caroline's blog I realised I really needed to up the ante. She is currently recommending a load of cleansers and one she mentioned was the Balance Me cleanse and smooth face balm, which I quite fancied trying, so when I saw that Cosmo had Balance Me freebies I knew I had to give it a go!


I picked up the pure skin face wash and here's my thoughts on it.
To use this cleanser you're meant to squeeze a small amount into your hands, add warm water, massage together and then over your face. I find you don't need to use much especially as you're adding water to it. At first it has quite a thick consistency but is obviously thinned out when adding water. I then use a face cloth to remove. I found this had quite a strong herby type smell that was pretty overpowering, so much so that it left the bathroom smelling of it for a little while. At first I really didn't like the smell but after a few uses i've started to get more used to it and find it has a slight lemony scent mixed with the herby smell. I don't think this would be for everyone and would probably be very off-putting for a lot of people.
I like using this cleanser, it feels like it's doing a good job of cleaning my skin and works quite well at removing make-up - even eye make-up (although there's usually still some mascara left over). Straight after it's washed off my skin feels quite soft and plump but shortly afterwards it starts to feel dry and quite tight. I've tried not patting dry after washing off and it still ends up feeling like this.
I think i'll keep trying with this but it's not a complete winner and i'm definitely still looking for something new. Perhaps the cleanse and smooth face balm will be better.

What are your favourite cleansers to use?

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you enjoy it =)