Tuesday 6 September 2011

ELF Haul

I, along with hundreds of other women, recently took advantage of ELF's 50% off sale. (Click the link to go to their website). When their prices are already a really cheap £1.50-£6.00 who would say no to an extra 50% off?!
I have made previous purchases from this website after being introduced to it by my sister's birthday list earlier this year when it contained about 20 items from their site.
However, this time I bought:
  • High definition powder
  • Complexion Perfection
  • Tinted moisturiser spf20 - Nude
  • Mineral blemish kit
  • Waterproof eyeliner pen - black
  •  Cream eyeliner - black
  • Flawless finish foundation - sand
I have previously bought such items as their blush (in 2 colours), duo eyeshadow, a total face brush, shimmering facial whip and others.
Of the new items that I've just bought I love the mineral blemish kit & find it does actually help to reduce redness.
The high definition powder, to me so far, appears to just be like any other powder and only really minimises shine - but I had been looking for a powder for this very reason so I'm still pleased with it. I need to take a picture when wearing the powder to see how it looks then.
The complexion perfection on first try just seemed to make me look paler rather than reducing redness or anything like that. However I think with some better blending it could work and be a really good product.
The cream eyeliner comes with a slanted brush which I have found difficult to use so far as I'm used to a liquid eyeliner, however the eyeliner itself does not smudge easily and has a good colour to it, so with some practice, I think this could be a really useful eyeliner to wear on nights out.
The tinted moisturiser was more tinted than I was expecting (especially as the shade was nude), it also appears quite thick so a very little amount is needed. I did not have a brush handy at the time and found blending it on my face with my fingers was not hugely easy - but it does recommend a brush or sponge, which I think would make it better.
The eyeliner pen gives a good colour and a nice thickness, the end of the nib is slightly too flexible so I may try to make the end more rigid somehow, but otherwise it's a good product.
Finally, the foundation was similar to the moisturiser in that it's quite thick so only needs a small amount & would blend better with a brush/sponge.

ELF appear to produce some really good, useful, cheap make up that I would certainly be happy buying again (I particularly love their blushes and still have a wishlist of about 30 items - their conditioning lip balm is certainly on my next order). I think i'm just not skilled enough in applying make up to get the best out of their products lol. But on their website & most of the packaging they do provide details of how to apply.

1 comment:

  1. Hi nice little blog entry, just a reply to the comment you sent on my blog (as i have no other way of contacting you) i would say my must haves from the elf website is the studio tinted moisturizer (spf15)i love it and have ordered 3 for backup purposes and also i would say all the luscious liquid lipsticks, they are also really great...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you enjoy it =)