Wednesday 14 August 2013

Review: Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Cream For Face

As I mentioned in a previous post I bought couple of items in the Escentual 20% sale and the time has come to now review them.
 I've been using the Clarins sun wrinkle control cream for face SPF 30 for about two weeks now and although i've still only used it a couple of times I thought i'd tell you how I feel about it.

It smells and looks pretty much just like an ordinary sun cream. It does have quite a thick consistency but actually blends really nicely and quickly without leaving you with white streaks all over your face. You really don't need to squeeze much out as a little goes a long way - even with generous application.

I find that my face does end up still looking rather shiny/greasy after applying the cream, even though its all blended in nicely and doesn't feel greasy at all. I like to leave about 5minutes after applying before putting on my makeup to make sure it's all sunk in properly. However, even if putting on makeup pretty much straight away it applies over the sun cream no problem. It doesn't feel like the sun cream is being rubbed off or interfering with makeup at all. Big plus!
I have found though that if I apply it too close to my eyes or over my eyelids it can irritate them a bit and make them water a bit but that's easy enough to avoid.
I've sadly not had a chance to use this anywhere really hot to see how well it protects my face but have been wearing it during the sunny days we've been having here in England (yay) and i've not suffered from any redness from the sun.

I like using this product and think it works well but i'm not overly convinced its any different to just using a normal sun cream on your face. Am I wrong in this? Are they made differently?

Do you use a facial SPF? If so, which one?

1 comment:

  1. i really like the sound of this, i have been using a face cream with sun protection in it too. and i love it. it has done wonders for my skin! awesoe post.

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you enjoy it =)