Friday 16 August 2013

Review: Diorskin nude bb creme

The second of my Escentual 20% purchases (mentioned here) was the Diorskin Nude BB creme that so many other bloggers seemed to be raving about.

I picked this up in the shade 001 and found that it's a nice pale shade but its also really rather pink. I had seen other bloggers mention it was more pinky but thought it was still meant to be the palest offering and so better for me.
I tend to have a fair bit of redness/pigmentation in my cheeks and at the area between my eyebrows anyway, which I am not a fan of and try to disguise as much as possible. So when I first tried using this BB cream and saw how pink it was applying I immediately thought 'Oh no!'. However, after fully blending (using a Real Techniques buffing brush) I found that actually the end result was a slightly rosy glow but it was very subtle and it had actually evened out/covered my redness quite well. It basically looked like my skin...but better. I tried applying with my fingers at first but found I much preferred the effect given using a brush and found it to end up looking less pinky with the brush.

 It is a fairly light coverage so isn't going to be good for really bad skin days but for hot summer days when you don't want to cake on the make-up, I think this is really nice. It can be built up a bit too to give a bit more coverage, which is nice.

 I think i'd like to try this now in 002 to compare the difference in shade and see whether that still works for me but without the pinkness. But despite the pinkness I actually still really like the product but I just don't love it as much as I wanted to. And I really wanted to!

Have you tried the Dioskin nude BB creme? Do you want to?

1 comment:

  1. I've still yet to try ANY bb cream, I really am hesitant on buying one in case it's a bit pointless, but this sounds good!


    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you enjoy it =)